Friday, June 08, 2007

A day of freedom

After 2 whole days of intermittent work today was free! I booted one possible arrangement as far into the distance as I could, and as a result lost another which I postponed until the other had been dealt with, and they forgot to check. So in the end I spent the evening at my grandma's which was a lot easier and made her happy. So a better result overall.

I made my planned trip to Golders Green to take pictures of people at bus stops, the current project inspired by my Flickr groups, and collected a nice little bunch. We also got our new updated interactive TV service today and amazingly after missing Dr Who over the weekend due to a programme overload they had it on catch up TV and I managed to see it after all, which was pretty amazing as it was the first time the service was introduced after I needed to use it. I like it when things like that happen.

Then on the way home tonight I hear Talk Sport radio just introduced a premium rate phone number to cost the average caller a few quid every time they call. I went on the forum and the thick spastics were moaning because the new fucking number didn't rhyme!

Now the only reason arseholes like Talk Sport (Rupert Murdoch) do this is because the average Brit is a stupid wanker that doesn't know their arse from their elbow. We have our share of intellectuals and bright sparks but visit the average pub and you'll see what I mean. These guys will be potential callers and when they get their phone bill (if they bother to look) will then realise what apparently only I knew the second I heard it. That is why prices generally are so high here, as people pay them. Two garages up the road from each other, one charges 20p a gallon more and the expensive one regularly has a queue. People are cretins. So why do they moan the rare times they realise they've been exploited? If they haven't the brains to compare two garages on the same road and choose the expensive one, even when they have to wait 10 minutes, the clever people will rob them until the day they die and it'll be their own stupid faults. It's not the same as leaving a phone on a table and expecting it to be nicked as theft isn't the free market. It's seeing two identical products at different prices and choosing the expensive at random, or taking the time between a phone call and the resulting bill before discovering a premium rate number exchange.

Just for the record, any starting 09 will cost an arm and a leg, and 087 a few fingers. 07s are pretty mean as well, especially the 070 ones. Expect to lose a testicle (for men) and a pair of nipples (for women) if any business has one of those. They rely totally on people not learning a few simple 3 figure prefixes (as the rest of the number won't affect the price) and not checking the bills after to see why a half hour call cost them 3 quid. I am considering this time not even listening to Talk Sport, after not calling for months the last time they tried something like that. But being in Britain people will rent their kids out for prostitution if Tony Blair tells them to. They trust authority and the authorities (who don't share their stupidity but equal it with evilness) take full advantage of it. I can't raise anyone's IQ but we can all raise people's awareness.

Anyone who wishes to can add their view here once registered as a user.

http://forum.talkforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=16738

and don't be scared to quote me calling the other members total cocks. I more or less said it there except I didn't want to get myself banned. And as I promised cunnilingus here it is. The word, anyway. How can you get it off a screen?

No comments: