Thursday, September 18, 2008

An assortment

Following the latest teaching I've come across, enjoy the small things rather than look at the rest. Besides discovering my 5 second appearance on Big Brother has gone online I've just seen a video of someone describing their enlightenment word for word from the manual. He seemed genuine enough, and really seemed to be experiencing what I'd describe as human evolution, where we are able to move up a level of consciousness to one I certainly see as not quite enough. If indeed this is happening more often it's unlikely to be the effort of the teachers. These guys have been around the west since The Beatles made them popular, and I still bump into old hippies who have spent years in India or followed these guys elsewhere and are still no further on their journey than me. It's about success rate. Many teachers say how few students will become enlightened but some are now seeing it happen more and more. I don't think they know why either as we all basically do the same things, hear the same things and only some practice more than others. But the stories of those at it for years show effort is not the only factor in success. Others say it's either going to happen or not anyway and out of our control. But either way it sounds the way I should be and will work at the rest of my life between the other things.




I'm on between 1.30 or so and 1.40 shaking hands with Jason.
Otherwise it's business as usual. I like words, especially rude ones, and it's always funny how business means work and shit as in my case the two are very similar. Currently as my attempts to forge a career have made me a jack of all trades and barely doing any of them. How many other words are like that? Duty for one, in America anyway. Done my duty means exactly the same two choices, and it's no coincidence people assign the same words to work and jobs (one more) to defecation. Jobs, business, duty, made a pile (two meanings again), the human mind has always related muck and brass probably back to the stone age. We didn't actually record a shit age, but Freud did, as we all go through the anal stage, and any disturbance with transition leaves us attached to whichever one it was, so mine is obvious. So overeaters were probably disturbed during the oral stage and all the others with current results for each. That makes my mind automatically drift to all the other fetishes we don't share, one man loves and another hates. We all know the places I mean, feet, piss, bottoms etc. Very few men have no opinion, they either avoid them or make a beeline for them, and none can change how they feel per area. But Freud (had he not actually been so embarrassed as he was a prude, despite his findings) would have assigned each preference to an early experience although I think some are just programmed in from birth like preferences for food or anything else. But better to think about than global warming, Barack Obama or any of the other media drizzle that's overwhelming us from all angles.


Now if either candidate said they'd make oral sex legal across the country (some states still ban it) they'd get a landslide. Imagine that, the cunnilingus president. Barack Obama went down in history in 2008 for making cunnilingus legal. Now that would get my vote and a poster on the wall. I'd want them to knock down the statue of liberty and replace it with Barack going down on his wife for that. Even though it doesn't affect me it would be one of the greatest things to hit the world since some countries in Europe legalised prostitution. Politics, world affairs, art, literature? Give me bodily functions over all of these as they are real and here now. Look at Chaucer, he became part of English classes the world over by writing about farts. I make no apology for bringing things back to the bathroom or bedroom as that's where we all share something, and can enjoy every experience at no cost or study. Actually if I was in charge I wouldn't just legalise oral sex, I'd make it compulsory and on demand. Why just do half the job?

Of course besides the physical my other great passion is the supernatural, as like our limited normal consciousness, our physical limits are both restricted and have the potential for much more. I know the edges but others claim they extend far more. I'll keep looking and don't believe there won't be more.

2 comments:

tashi said...

Saw ya. It was good to see you smiling and enjoying the moment David. Would you like to be a housemate? I mention that because the latest Australian Big Brother was won by a mild mannered 52yo woman. I think you'd make a most interesting contestant anyway.

David said...

Thanks Tashi- I'd like to be in it but more than a couple of weeks locked up anywhere would finish me off- I like my freedom too much. But hopefully I'll keep on being seen on TV in other places as it's what I've always dreamed of doing.