Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Satsang from everywhere

The large hadron collider seems to sum up just about everything about 21st century life. It was hyped for years before it happened, claimed to start working before it did, and broke down after two days. It also generates the sensasionalism and apocalyptic nonsense the world seems to need to stop the people falling asleep. Of course, as our own Times pointed out that week, none of them have ever happened. Global warming being the latest. It's bad enough claiming some disease is about to wipe out most of the world, but finding a potential disaster they can rob us for is the ultimate insult. I can't tell what's going to happen tomorrow outside a small parameter of routine, but collecting all the data from my life and history can say when disasters happen very few can be seen in advance and prepared for. They just happen like the flu. One minute everything's normal then it hits you. End of.
So when every major speculation of the last 50 years ends like the LHC, wet (due to a ton of liquid helium leaking), broken (two magnets packed up and screwed the whole thing for months) and not actually capable of doing what it's claimed, it really sums up most of life in general.

My clients do like my quotes from Buddha, and a number have taken it up at least in their own ways as a result just as I did. He turns us away from every trap of the material world and even if enlightenment is for the few (more on that soon) the practical stuff stops us being disappointed by a particularly uncaring and totally unreliable world. You cultivate the inner garden and are no longer affected by the sewer outside. Of course you do find gold rings and diamonds in sewers but they are mostly full of shit as is the material world. Adverts, crap TV programmes, lies in the newspapers, thieves, disease, slums, etc etc are there however rich or poor you are. You can't avoid dross by any status as it's all around us. Learn how to ignore and rise above it and then it can't affect you as much. I do know compared to many people I deal with a lot more than they can as it frightens me to hear how much so many educated people still don't understand. I may be unable to do physical things (which I could do once) but that is simply a disability that comes with age and little connected with understanding. But if someone's rude to me, or earns more than I do etc, as many people I know, it's just how things always are. The fuss people make as they can't get the right car or their partner goes out too much shows how spoilt so many people have become, that they get so much they only see what they don't get and focus on that. It's pathetic and totally unnecessary.

And going to decent teachers does help. In 1996 I was shown a video of the first lecturer who said the sort of things I wrote about in booklet a couple of years earlier. I was already phobic of audiences but was so interested in learning more my friend dragged me to a live video performance and told the woman in charge my problem. I forced myself to sit through one or two videos a week for 15 months plus evening assessments all over London in order to learn to meditate properly. So many people told me this was the best way I still accept there is no better, having tried all the others now just to check. Once I started this track he kept finding new people and I got used to going, and since then have heard my own advice given by numerous people who have all worked it out themselves. That is why I don't consider myself arrogant or superior as all I do is present more or less the same as they do as it works. It's just like driving lessons only there are thousands more situations off the road to learn than on it. But if you keep finding a way to deal with each trap in the end the last boundary is enlightenment itself. Which leads me nicely to a video I found which actually explains it in words, as opposed to vague generalities as most enlightened people parrot, adding 'it can't really be expressed in words'. Well this guy used the same words they do, but I understood them.
This is what it's about guys, just listen to him now rather than me on the subject as he covered it all.


This is Sage Amrit. I haven't seen all the videos yet besides this one but it's all here.

No comments: