Sunday, September 14, 2008

Freedom of speech

There are times and places we all have to work in a role, and restrict what w say and how we say it, usually while working in some capacity. And even places like here we have to be careful just in case someone there sees it, which isn't entirely impossible. But maybe if I was totally straight in telling someone their faults were imaginary they may actually respond faster than the professional approach which drags it out for weeks.
What does bother me is how people get them in the first place. Imagined inadequacies, beliefs in the good of others clearly not good, overlooking the obvious faults in others, assigning impossible causes to situations, all from normally rational people. We're taught it's the emotions, inner child and subconscious that do this, but to be so powerful to create a blind spot in a normally sensible person is tragic. I'm not planning to test this theory on anyone to see but I'm sure there are therapists who do and it may well work.

So I can speak freely here but still within limits. Some you learn by experience. I like to share things and with few actual real people around this is a good alternative. And I can never imagine myself falling into the 'false conclusion' trap described by Albert Ellis. You see an effect, don't know the cause and invent one that becomes the truth for you and no one else. Until someone, usually a therapist, tracks it down and corrects it. If I don't know something I think of possibilities but can't assign blame as so many do. Or be labelled. If a parent runs a child down they can carry that with them for life. Mine ran me down probably more than average, as being an only child wasn't just the best (little chance) but the worst, as there was no other to compare me with. So I was the worst behaved, most selfish, most big headed and all that sort of thing. So I've heard it all my life and don't need it now from people who are only guessing. Spend some actual time with me and then decide, but not from here alone. But I've never accepted any of the crap, if it feels wrong it always is, no matter how well presented. But so many people accept authority automatically. Anyone who says you've got a big nose must be right if they are important, whether or not you actually have one. According to some anyway.
The official rule is not to accept rubbish that does not belong to you, and if you have then give it back. Buddha or Carl Rogers, take your pick. But people miss it and otherwise I'd have no work at all. Once you have this formula and learn how to present it it is a routine when so many very intelligent people still pick up ticks from outside and carry them until they feel a pain from them. Then someone is called in to get rid of them. Search me for the answers, it's human nature and a side exploited by our great leaders to lie through their teeth and get us to believe cold is hot (the current special offer).

Our intuition may be one of the two useful things I've discovered in life, the other being how apparently random events must be connected. But the second is outside me, the first is very much part of me. I've become firstly able to confirm its existence and secondly recognise its call, so the usual nonsense rarely catches me out simply as it feels wrong. The fact I then need to spend ages researching it to convince others is just the way it works, but others like me tell the world the same thing. Why do only a few people own and run the majority of the world? Because only they are not affected by this weakness, plus usually have the psychopathic streak to turn it against those that do. It's a single formula and impossible to be caught once you know it, but still see enough people fall for it it takes all our effort to turn the tide. The truth is not much use when hidden in a safe and guarded with the mafia. Intuition points us to it indirectly without even having a combination to open the safe, and when the truth does come out then confirms the intuition was always right despite no facts to prove it.
I read this recently after realising it myself. The highest truth is known already, the rest is discovered outside. How we know is not for us to know or care about, like all other powers, which was also in this passage. You don't need to know how a machine works to use it and neither for our higher powers. So when I don't always make sense it can be because it's very hard to present a known with few facts to confirm it to others. But the one thing you can use is your own heart. Regardless of evidence, does what people say feel right? If so, then you've found your own intuition. Once you have, forget about worrying about the evidence as whether or not that follows you'll find you are right. That's what it does.

No comments: