Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back to 1968 for me

It's been an almost interesting week. I've finally found the 60s music videos on Youtube, returning at last to the scenes of my childhood I watched on Top of the Pops and am now seeing again, sometimes after a 40 year gap. Nothing links me with true happiness more than the atmosphere of that era, and best shown through the actual people and music as if happening now.

Two days found me in due to rain plus a total gridlock half of Wednesday I was lucky enough to miss. I had a few friends over and got some good photos today from a 4th floor balcony in Finchley. I have also finally eliminated the concept of peak experiences from enlightenment, and realised they are irrelevant to it as unconnected. It was explained clearly in a book I read parts of again and has removed one more barrier from my progress. And to tie it all in my idea now is to use something from bridging the time gap in those videos to bring that era back within me, and whatever's outside I'll be in 1968. But consciously. Life peaked then, wherever you were. Everything was as it should be. I was only 8 but we went on our first holiday of around 26 to Devon, and I was exposed to the reality of intelligentsia through a music school. I stayed with a German film star to be, one of the best looking girls I've met even then (and saw her naked), was surrounded by the best buildings and scenery I knew and met many people who would become friends for years ahead.

That was behind me, half the buildings are derelict and half the facilities gone by 1990, time to stop going as all the people I knew had left by then. I miss it but the vibe was the same in London then so still can be. For me it was in Hampstead as that was where all the money and style was, we went there many weekends, the coffee bars and Heath, boutiques with psychedelic clothes, posters and music playing. Furniture with curves and lights that looked like spaceships. It isn't as different as many places have become but due to parking restrictions I rarely bother now. And fucking expensive. You pay more in Oxfam than many things cost new elsewhere. And no hippies there either except if you count Rainbow George.

Apart from a photo trip ahead in the southern half of the capital, I have few plans. I did see my 3rd TV appearance on DVD and was pretty good and had me in a minute longer than the first two. One day everyone else may see it but I am going grey waiting.
I'd also like to take the register again, if anyone I know is still reading please say hello, I know I get a few visits a day but no idea who any more. It's bloggers fault for removing the links and if they use adsense they won't sell many clicks if no one can find them.

Anyway, I'm now born again. Back in 1968.I may see the same outside (for now) but I have my link and that was the one that was missing till now. It reminded me and proved I was always right. There is treasure back there and the videos don't change with time. You may not understand and many people didn't get it then either, but for the ones that did, you'll never lose it, even in this century.

No comments: