Saturday, June 25, 2005

Dreaming

Time on my hands, so more time to blog but less to report. Typical catch 22 situation, the exact reason I'm so prone to going off at tangents, as if I was to stick to everyday life to fill out these pages I'd have turned off far more people than the few here I clearly have. But looking at all the other linked blogs around (either by interest or location) they're just a reflection in the variation of people in general, except they all have the internet in common as a hobby, which I've found sets us apart from most.

So as this was never meant to be a literary project I can't apologise for whatever I write, or plan any of it in advance as it's a stream of consciousness. One few of us could present in a one sided conversation, and if we wrote it anywhere else would never be read. So petty minded wankers who horn in on others areas just to make the sort of comments I last heard in primary school from individuals who are probably now in prison are not justified in taking advantage of the chance to have an unopposed pop at anyone they feel like having a go at. I'd like to see them dare to come out with just one comment like that to someone in person, they'd be spread across the opposite wall in most cases so they never would.

Back to today. I do wonder how easy it is for the people we write about to identify themselves if they read it, and then become offended? It turned out the first person I highlighted here hadn't read it, and wasn't even offended, I was just worried she may have been. Then when I moved onto a second person my attention was focused on for a while, I expect had she read the highly complimentary things I'd written about her she'd probably be like most Brits and go red and run away. Well, run away she did, but she didn't know I had a website, so it was clearly one of the million possible other reasons women run away from me. The third woman is half my age (or younger), has a boyfriend, a totally different background from me, but in reality still has more about her that attracts me than many who appear suitable on paper. Woody Allen makes a career of seducing much younger and less 'priviliged' females, there is something of the father figure that turns on a few more daring women who are less satisfied with men of their own age and would like to learn from someone far more experienced. OK, Woody Allen's a star and worth billions, as was Dudley Moore who admittedly had so much talent women would always have been interested in him. But look at some of the models he pulled, thirty years younger and almost a foot taller. Not to mention Rod Stewart...

So, putting the pieces together, if I was on TV, rich, famous and probably married (being unavailable is always one of the biggest turn-ons for women) this one or a similar one may even leave their outgrown boyfriend and give me a try. There ends my dream of the day. I will say that despite the reality is she is a lovely girl I think a lot of, we'll never be more than passing aquaintances with a couple of similar interests. Books and films are fantasies, and the stories don't happen in the real world unless the man is a star of some description.

My 'arranged marriage' formula is always on the back burner though, meaning I'd be prepared to jump into marriage with any woman I know on the 'approval list'. I have learnt that even the ones you know for months or more usually turn out to have annoying traits as well, I can only think of one off the top of my head who probably never would, but basically every woman I can think of would probably get on my nerves sometimes eventually. Not knowing much about someone, therefore, is no reason things would go wrong as if the basic elements are there it has a good foundation. Speed dating will probably allow many more people to learn how to pick the important qualities they need quickly like I do, and may cut many corners in long and winding dating routes as a result. I meet people from time to time who tested this with great success, with long marriages behind them to prove it. It's about spotting if you fit, and this is far less about discovering things gradually, but knowing what you're looking for and being able to recognise it easily. I was taught by an expert partially to be able to do this, which is why I'm passing it on here. Younger people have the privilege of time to let things take their course in whatever time it takes, but over 40 or so you ought to know yourself well enough to cut out much of the game playing and commit as soon as you want to.

If I had no shame at all I'd love to name and describe everyone on my list now. Maybe having a specific website for every single person to name every person they are interested in, where other singles can look by name, and then if they're on someone's list they can either run a mile (as mine do) or go for it. As most people are too shy or embarrassed to pursue others directly, and often there isn't always an opportunity, such a site would break every rule of current etiquette, but may also be responsible for a few decent relationships. Just a thought, remember today's theme is dreaming and these are mine. Could be bollocks but at least I like them.

No comments: