Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday 1.50 am

I wonder what could have influenced the title today (hint, it's Big Brother time again...). Yes, well. Very little to report from Kingsbury today, I will say I discovered the child who posted shit on here was actually someone different from the regular person, so I apologise for accusing the usual person. I'm quite happy to admit if I make a mistake. The person who did undoubtedly copy the previous one (it was only their previous comments rehashed, hence the confusion on my part) is no doubt of the same mentality of reading the papers in order to recreate the most original mugging they come across as well. Never mind, I can live with that.

Anyway, I seem to be getting a point at least as I said before. I was becoming one of the least tolerant people of stress in the bloody universe, and something had to happen to teach me to handle it as it wasn't going to go away on its own. And one thing the merry troll did get right (it wasn't difficult to discover it really) was tablets have been my best (and only) defence to it in the past. In fact many of the nicest people I know have been on the same or similar ones to me, so judging people just because they can't handle some of the hellish aspects of life is pretty sad, especially as it's the very people who judge that are actually responsible for many of the hellish conditions. For example, Charlie Wolf on Talk Sport is a reasonably decent and intelligent person, but his culture (American) and personality (workaholic) have combined to make some of his views (considering he preaches a few days a week on national radio) pretty dangerous. He seems to believe people who are only prepared to work 9 to 5 are wimps. Well, if he did his maths and looked at history he'd realise people do the sort of hours he thinks are right is either because their employers force them to (yes, they still do despite an attempt to rein it in by Europe) or they work for themselves and are bloody greedy, which is their own choice, but I'm sure (just as I did) their children suffer. And when we had the three day week production was at it's most efficient as people didn't need to piss around half the time to fill in the long hours and break the utter boredom. That's just the first example I could think of, but primitive attitudes tend to collect together, so this goes with anger, revenge, hate and all the other unnecessary crap people have as children that can be trained out of them in most cases, as proved by Buddhists for a start.

Having a record to compare with I can state that all these attributes are needless, and only make your life worse if you have them in it. It makes those around you's life worse, but ultimately your own, as anyone decent they know will eventually drop them, and hopefully eventually they'll come across someone just like them but worse (eg school bullies) who will do exactly to them what they do to others, but more professionally. Luckily these people are a minority really, but make so much noise and disturbance it's like a tornado, rare but disastrous when it hits you. I never believed I'd be going on the internet to teach adults manners like three year olds, but when they continually behave like that, then I may as well pass on what I have to say about it. I know I may waffle like an idiot here at times, I explained half the point is for my own benefit to let it out- living alone I have little opportunity to vent gradually as most people do, so it just all comes out here periodically (as with many others). But anyone who doesn't like it and uses the easy chance to be rude to a complete stranger because they can get away with it is so pathetic it speaks for itself.

I read dire stuff on the net every week, as we all do who frequent this territory, but if it's that bad I either avoid it in future or more frequently find it pretty entertaining and come back. But anyone who uses the loophole of a free insult to let it all hang out needs far more therapy and probably psychiatric treatment than I ever will. And a whacking big kick up the arse. At least.

1 comment:

David said...

Katie, don't panic, the only dangerous American I was referring to was Charlie Wolf, who (if he wasn't so open about it) I'd say was a fascist plant designed to soften us all up for a 60 hour week. The only other American I'd say was attempting to be dangerous was the cretin who keeps following me around here. But the only danger is to my finger after so many deletes...