Friday, October 07, 2005

Busy

I've been beavering away this week, though at the moment whatever jobs I do seem to lead to more, but I still have worked some way through the list. Sadly, I've learnt giving away too many details may be used against me, so the work side can't really be revealed too much as it's not fair to the people I work with.
Otherwise, being Jewish new year, I've been at family every night this week for a change, and caught up with lots of gossip having the maximum of four remaining family members together at once. Due to divorce number five has to be seen separately since 1981, though back then the family was about double its present size as a few have died since then as you'd expect. And twenty years earlier you could have added a few more as well. But now it's my parents, grandma and aunty by marriage. No brothers or sisters and no cousins either. So we stick together as every one of us now lives alone so rely on each other a lot more than we used to.

I've for no apparent reason started another regular run of radio phone-in calls, I only call when there's a reason rather than just for the hell of it as many do, and after a quiet few months (including a few failed attempts to get on) I've now made a couple of calls a week for a few weeks simply because I've had topics I wanted to add to. So anyone who's heard David from Kingsbury (or London on Talk Sport, but many others with that description) that was me. Unlikely anyone will, but I've made hundreds of calls so who knows?
Outside news has been non-existent, but as it usually is I've been wrapped up with my own business, including the financial bureaucratic mountain I've been involved with for months, which is one of the major pains in the arse of the lot since finishing my exams and other courses. This is an apparently endless series of letters, replies and phone calls that has shown me we are basically living in a fascist dictatorship behind the scenes, as once you know what goes on when the chips are down government-wise, you'd be disgusted (unless you're also a fascist, of course). All I can say is don't rely on them unless you've just arrived via the Eurotunnel. 'nuff said.

I just heard a rumour the SPOT watch technology created by MSN in the States to send text messages to watches by FM radio (which you have to pay to use) is coming here next year. I already used to get these free on my phone before they decided to charge, as well as my pager which was always free, and though it sounds fun, getting pages of football results, charts and gossip takes ages to scroll through and is mainly stuff you know already. If they could let it take emails etc I may be more interested, but the charges are likely to match mobile phones and I'm not paying all that again unless it's going to be better than what I had before. I personally don't even believe we'll get it for at least 10 years as it requires a complete network of antennas on a private scrambled frequency, and with all the planning hurdles that alone would take years before they even started putting them up. Bit I may live to be proved wrong, it does happen...

No comments: