Friday, October 28, 2005

Testing

What am I testing? Yes, after 5 years (almost six) on a 56K modem at 9.20 this morning (after booking a PM visit) my new broadband was installed, and worked for a whole eight hours before crashing, causing a half hour call to India who said the external power supply was fucked (no, she didn't actually say that word exactly), and they'd have to come on Saturday and fix it. For some reason (naivete?) when I came home tonight I fired it all up again 'in case' and it worked as if nothing had happened. I really missed the idea of not having it for almost two days though there was sod all left to do on it besides unhooking all the old cables etc. So here it is, 1MB unlimited (so I was told) at almost a third of the price I paid before!

All I need now is a way of earning some dosh for sitting at my computer all day and I could combine business with pleasure. And if I could earn enough to afford a secretary it would be business with pleasure with business with pleasure (work that out, it does almost work!). I'm totally zonked after not getting back to sleep after the engineers left despite a few hours trying. So no guesses what I did today once I finally got up again. Piss around with the broadband, while it worked, though I was going out anyway around that time. If cars could improve as drastically as computers we'd all be flying to the shops now if the improvement was equivalent. Quite amazing.

No comments: