Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Space, the final frontier

To continue the Star Trek theme, though I'm sitting here with time to write, there's nothing to write about on the surface. Nothing has happened. Apart from a fourth person returning to the fold to continue at least one positive phase of synchronicity.

Nothing now is typical. What worries me is based on logic and history there's no reason this won't continue forever. Every now and then I think of something that might bring a person or two into my life (getting an income is beyond redemption I suspect, so I've dropped that issue totally for now) but then realise it's building castles in the air. Otherwise I have my little list of what to do, which is painting pictures followed by housework. While my body can still convey me from a to b that'll be possible, and also if I think of something new to write I do, and I have a postal course to start now which could take weeks or more, so may as well get stuck in. And then I ought to meditate for an hour a day, which may start to happen more.

I think I understand why many people watch the news and get excited about it. I realised years ago it was mainly outside our own experience and would never know it had happened had they not gone to the trouble of pointing it out. And we learn little or nothing from it besides what primitive bastards (and often evil) so many people are, and also how a few idiots earn enough to pay Britain's unemployed for a year. People follow the news to fill the space.
I'm not that different to people, I just stopped looking up that particular dead end to fill my space when I realise all it can do is disappoint. Life around us is far more interesting, the people I know including the many online have events I follow that sometimes go the way I expected, and sometimes not. But they are interesting, and unlike the news, I know the people and can be a part of it. Like watching Big Brother or being in it. Our local lives are our own versions of BB, but no one else is watching it except us.
So, to conclude today's space filler, I'll list all the things that don't seem to happen, I'd like to fill the space, but have little if any control over bringing them in except the business related ones. Recently I did get the large good news of broadband (two days to go!) and the possibility of MSN text watches coming to the UK next year, which is probably not so interesting.

Sharing my house
Getting a regular income
Become famous
Have another friend I can see every week
Pay less to drive, including petrol and congestion charge
Get my kitchen rebuilt
Hear from old friends from Friends Reunited
Sell a painting
Discover aliens are here, including any from other dimensions
Prove Uri Geller and similar powers are real
Become friends with anyone famous
Hear from anyone I'd written off as gone (does happen)
plus one in particular (no names!)
Discover any woman I fancy does fancy me and has decided to let me know at last after apparently not being interested
Meet someone who sees the world near enough as I do so we understand each other
Finding my cleaning lady naked on my bed waiting for me
Hearing they've saved Star Trek from abolition
Hearing Seinfeld had decided to start making his series again
Get an email back from John Hutchison who claims both to have opened a dimensional gateway, but had it filmed by a TV company who then suppressed it for public interest reasons, and is no picture of it or diagram anywhere online, to tell me it is true and demonstrate why www.hutchisoneffect.ca
Find a few items I thought I'd lost in the house
Have an old friend search me out for a change instead of vice versa
Be asked to guest on a radio show
Hear of a baldness cure (that's a popular wish...)
See someone advertise a job I could do at home
Discover this was all a horrible dream and it's over now and I'm OK (I think this would cover everything else).

No comments: