Saturday, October 22, 2005

Karmic links

A new age theory tells us that anyone who keeps popping up in our life and causing conflict is there for a reason, for the learning of one or both of them. And within a week I've had three of these people at least that made me think, as part of my usual synchronicities, if this is another part of it?

Two people as mentioned have shifted from lost causes to improved positions, and a third who I've known a long time has passed through a stage I was concerned may not happen. The main area of benefit is finding your judgement and opinions about people isn't as bad as you originally believed. It can be easy to write someone off and let them go like a used tissue, but even when you expect this to be permanent it may not happen. Giving people a chance and checking what they're really like shows whatever you think on the surface may be quite different if something forces you to check again.
Of course, if this is the case, how can it explain the regular pains in the arse I do know that just hang around and make a nuisance of themselves? I reckon the main lesson I can learn is not to help or encourage them hoping somehow I'll get something back, as I never do. I'm not actually sure what to do besides say 'I can't help you' and that's more or less the same as 'get lost', which would take a lot for me to say. Or give a long lecture why I believe it's one way traffic and I'm not getting a lot back. But unlike many people I know, I rarely find anyone around who's that bad. Family members can be different as you tend to be stuck with them, but luckily none of mine are a problem in my case, but I know many where they are. But by changing your own behaviour you'll have the best chance of changing them, the main factor being non-confrontational. This is the equivalent of returning fire with water, or hate with love. It's pretty hard to keep up an argument with a clone of Jesus.

No comments: