Friday, October 14, 2005

Jobs done

Oh well, blogger appears to be on maintenance again as my blog is still 5 days out of date, which is beyond its standard three days to post a message normally. This isn't their system as when I use my laptop it can update straight away, but up to three days from here is normal. Not five (nearly six now) though...

Today's freedom allowed me to press on with every job mentioned yesterday, plus thank goodness the back lawn and weeds. I just found out some wanker drove into my front number plate, and I had to paint one until I can get one made, not an easy task as few local places do them and have to order one. The cat also needs expensive dental treatment after her checkup, which is just one of those things, but life goes on. But at least the other problem is now dealt with and she's probably a lot happier as well now.
I've done over half a new painting, not in pen as I haven't got it done, but just started the next photo I liked and it's looking pretty good already, and should be posted here next week. So what's left?

I have to start experimenting with new anxiety pills after the usual ones acted like a jar of green chilli powder after a return to them after a couple of years. Unfortunately the events of this year removed the armour they had built up when I stopped taking them, and without them I am pretty unreliable or uncertain about doing many things. I have amazed a number of friends and family at my age just telling them about it, having been kept within a small group until then. I have nothing to hide, apart from being 1000 times more sensitive in some situations than normal people I am just the same otherwise, so why pretend I don't have it? Educating people about mental illness, especially as a counsellor, has to be the best way to go rather than make excuses and pretend there's nothing wrong when there clearly is. And the number of others with it who are encouraged to come out as well means one day these type of problems will be as understood as the physical ones. So as a sufferer myself I have to set an example and open up at last.

The UFO report on TV, all 2 hours of it, was shown tonight. Unfortunately it was made by a skeptic who spent all but a few minutes eliminating all military craft from the list. What he didn't realise was that UFOs are 'unidentified', so by spending half an evening reporting the identified ones, his programme wasn't actually about UFOs at all. What a pratt!

So, I used all my time as well as I could today, I also sent my list of LBC radio presenters to Clive Bull who's on in the evenings, and we went through the lot on air and brought up a lot of nostalgia the other few callers who had time to get on afterwards really appreciated. I've been a regular caller since he started in around 1988 and he only realised how regular when I recalled the other 30 presenters I'd also called since about 1980 and he was surprised I wasn't better known, as I also was. But maybe I will be eventually! I think (in my defence) unlike the people who phone every night or more, I only call when I have something specific to say. If I called every night I'd just be inventing any old excuse to get on, and add no more than I already do as the rest would be padding and shameless publicity. I'd rather wait and be famous for something constructive, and that's happening now I hope.

No comments: