Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Coincidence city, Arizona

The coincidences continue to come thick and fast. The Baader-Meinhof effect, where you come across a new word then hear it again at least once within a short time, is happening big time to start with. This time I discovered on Funtrivia the gap between the eyebrows is called the glabella, just in time to answer a University Challenge question the next day. Previous ones have included the band Bourgeois Tagg, never heard of until played on the radio, and I then found a record in a charity shop. De Guise, an old mystical family, mentioned a few places including Funtrivia in about a week, and the slang word 'dutchess', as in the song 'my old dutch', which also turned up a few times in about a week. Then once proven as bunches, they vanish into obscurity, likely never to be heard again. A couple of others I heard on the radio with my father I actually said were new words so I should hear them again, and both were heard again later on on the television, so he was my witness.

I also had one at work, all I'll say is the odds were pretty high against it, and finally one which guided me to a £10 note in my garden which was behind something, and had I not been guided there at the exact time would either have blown away or been picked up by a passer-by.

Technically if these mechanisms do guide our lives, I'd like to choose some. So far the only events that do seem to be controllable is cancellations. More and more now when there's an arrangement I really don't want to do it gets cancelled at the last minute. That's nice in that it gives me freedom from something, but I have yet for it to bring in something extra. I accept picking a particular woman as a target is anti-karma, as it's more or less victimising someone, but for god's sake, if I get them once they have the free will to piss off afterwards if it's not that hot, so it's really not trapping someone. Therefore, I can't see a problem with it. The current equation is: There are two very desirable and unsuitable women I like, one is a friend who has already made it clear that's all she wants. Fine, the second is just a one-time acquaintance who could be married for all I know (though no evidence for it), and though on paper we don't match very well, it feels pretty good in reality, which is all that counts. Unfortunately, though I realise there's nothing particuarly wrong to put women off me or anything wonderful to attract them, (so I'm averagely likely to succeed) I meet most women under circumstances that aren't social, so they don't expect anything from it. And they are women I wouldn't meet otherwise, and ones I am well aware of that are my type. But how the hell would I meet them in a place the size of London? If I came from a small town I'd have come across half these guys locally and tried them already just through mixing naturally. But here if someone lives half a mile away you'd be unlikely ever to meet them except in work.

So, to finish the point, for a bloody change, my guided arrangement ought to be that I 'demand' a particular woman to give me one chance at success, if I don't reach the mark she's free to send me on my way, but only after the event, thank you. I have sent my request to the universe, which also knows the person's identity, and I'll leave it there. I know where she is and intend to follow things up but she also knows where I am and so it doesn't entirely rely on me making the next move. Who needs 'Neighbours' when you can follow real life dramas? OK, I do, but real life is far more interesting when something actually happens.

No comments: