Monday, March 28, 2005

Quiet

After last week's wall to wall occupation, I'm glad to see things have settled down to peace (at the moment anyway) again. There is a new 'egg' laid in my life, as I like to call new possibilities, like Jesus said which may or may not fall on fertile ground (OK, he said seeds, I'm hardly original here...). Currently I have at least what I'd give as 50% of its potential already, but of course I'd like it all. I also hope my experience in such situations may help me to handle it better than some before, and of course updates will follow when here.

Otherwise as it's been a bank holiday weekend I can't arrange a dentist's appointment till tomorrow, so I have no idea whether it'll be a day or a week before I can get this massive hole seen to. I have what could be called a space to be filled ahead (and I'm not referring to my tooth), which may or may not have positive things to fill it. I have no idea. The garden's reached the time for it's first attention of the year (and it's a big garden), so that'll take up some of the time, and the rest will appear here when it happens. I regularly seem to be waiting for a major event that may or may not happen. Till now the only one that did (since I started this) was my 5 seconds on Big Brother (minus the voice part). I know all my hopes tend to be long shots, but as with the machine gun, if I spray enough bullets, one has to hit the bullseye eventually. But in life we don't have such good telescopic sights with cross hairs. Aiming at targets is more like trying to see underwater without goggles on. And even when we get what we want, it may not always bring us what we expected. To give an example moving house may not be what we hoped for, a course may not lead to the job we expected, and a job we got may not be nearly as good as it seemed to be outside. That's why our aims are reached out of focus, and I certainly end up in success far more from luck than judgement, and suspect that applies to most of us if we analysed it. See, from a simple observation I managed to get my philosophy in again, thank goodness for you all I'm not a bloody Christian as well- can you imagine, I'd be like the policeman on TV who gets Jesus into every conversation, god forbid I ever become like that...

No comments: