Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dental detail

Blimey, it's a week to wait for the dental work, the 'longest' end of my estimate. Never mind, these buggers can be seen as tests to force me to deal with it. It can be like walking around with a stone in my shoe, but when I'm occupied with something interesting it does go. If it can all the time even better, as I know this appointment's going to be nothing really compared to many.

Apart from that things are still peaceful, and I hope remain that way for some time. There's a little hiatus (I love that word) on the email reply front (what's new there), though if one of these arrives at all I'll be pretty happy. Reading some more blogs I've noticed we all share the same shit in life more or less, and frequently express it in similar ways as our feelings are similar. What in hell we can do about these things is a whole other story. I also read a lovely advaita quote from Ken Wilber, who I didn't realise taught it as well. It's more or less what Nick Roach says, just 100 times longer to say the same things... Still, he did make a few important points. It's "http://www.nonduality.com/whatis5.htm" here if anyone wants to see it. The bottom line is what we see as self is actually just something else in the duality of inside/outside world, and if we realise that by watching it it can be no more than just another scene in the outer world, we can detach from it and possibly eventually discard it completely for the true being beyond it. Looks good to me.

2 comments:

David said...

Hello Newport,

Thanks for the email, I spotted the advaita/Ramana Maharshi type of material quoted after a few lines as I've been following it myself a long time.
I found your blog via supernatural/paranormal interest blogs, and yours was on the list. I'm not sure about the downloading question, but being stuck on dialup I download audio but can't spend so long downloading more than short video clips rather than complete tv programmes (eg Star Trek Enterprises I missed...).
My previous girlfriend is an Aquarius, but I also have a friend born a few days after me so the answer is yes. I think that covers everything, Kingsbury is where I live rather than my name, even the people nearby don't seem to know it exists.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have a new egg...I hope you don't end up smashing that egg.