Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hell's teeth

These are my own I refer to, of course, following up the recent dentist detail I have to report the tooth in question has just collapsed, so though I don't get the title, I still get the gold crown. I can't say I'm that surprised as it was slowly disintegrating since the filling fell out a few weeks ago, it's just not my idea of fun having yet another one.

Apart from that, the coincidence system is still working very well, today's was beyond even the previous ones as it put around three separate issues together to fit together perfectly, it actually helped me a lot but sadly the pleasure only lasted as long as it took for the tooth to go.
I had an appointment around lunchtime, but as I was out late last night I put the alarm on to make sure I woke up in time. Not for the first time the alarm wasn't set properly, and didn't go off. I needed far more sleep and woke up well over an hour later. Amazingly there was a message the person couldn't make it, and had the alarm gone off I'd have lost sleep for nothing, and the chances of a last minute cancellation is probably less than one in ten from past experience, possibly a lot more. In all the time I've been doing this, it's the first time I've slept through an appointment time, and not only got away with it, but allowed me to catch up on about 4 day's lost sleep.

I just hope whoever is responsible behind the scenes for these 'arrangements', as only some form of intelligence could be responsible for creating these scenarios, could extend my own examples to putting me in a position I'd like to be with a woman at last. And fix my bloody teeth for a change... It is starting to do more than just demonstrate coincidences and actually get some useful things to happen, now it just needs to go up a level, please!

2 comments:

Stef said...

Sadly, the World doesn;t necessarilly work that way.

Just because there are suggestions that there is a controlling force or designer doesn't mean that he/she is designing or controlling things with you or me in mind.

e.g. A loo brush is a created object and manipulated by forces that it cannot possibly understand. But no-one would suggest that the loo brush was brought into existence for its own sake or benefit.

So, what grounds do you have to think/ feel that the controlling force you sense is in any way benevolent and not actually deranged cosmic prank monkey?

David said...

Benevolent? I wish! I don't think I ever thought that, but what I did mean was wouldn't it be nice if, once discovered, we could actually influence this system? I have had a number of cancelled naff arrangements as well as people saying they were guided to me somehow for help (it's my job, I'm sadly not a saint) so there are some examples.
And if the eastern philosphers are right, then it's only our own subconscious that is the controller, and once we become aware of it, as Jung proposed, we would start making it all happen deliberately rather than like a chaotic dream as it is now.