Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Future blog

As well as my blogs from the past, I can also try some for ahead. I'll do two for 2015, one better and one worse case scenario.

POSITIVE

It looks like another ambition, to live in one of the houses like the one I grew up in is on its way. Following the regular spot as therapy expert on Channel 4 along with the associated articles, I've been able to save enough to get a bigger house. Though I managed to move back to the area some years ago, the house is half the size of the one I lived in, and with two children if I can stay in the same area to make more room rather than go downmarket again I will. I also believe they'd rather I spent the money on their house than private school when they're old enough, as apart from the improved scenery, I'm sure I'd have got the same results at the local state school.
It's 8 years since I got married, but well worth the wait as I got who I always would have chosen had I had the chance earlier. I didn't make any plan or effort to find her, I met her quite naturally locally and though it took ages to move from friendship to relationship, once we did it didn't take a lot more to reach engagement. The two children are now 7 and 5, going to my old primary school round the corner, and it's quite funny seeing a few parents I was at school woth, though actually most would have finished having their children there ten years ago or more as I took a bit (!) longer than most to get there.

I still spend some time online in my forums, there are still a couple there from the early 2000s when I started, and though many are abroad are as close as any friends I've got here and have met a few over the years when they've been here on holiday. My friends who moved to the States finally returned in 2007, after just over 5 years there. There were many times it looked permanent, but luckily (for me anyway) the pull of the homeland was strong enough to end in a return, and though their location is different, my routine still includes regular visits, and we still have the pool table up as well.

NEGATIVE

I've been at this game now blogging for over 10 years, and basically while many things around have changed my life seems to have been gathering dust and spider webs like an empty house. I haven't had a new girlfriend for five years, the last one was another couple of years of trying to squeeze the square peg into a round hole, by taking the best offer of the previous five years and trying to make the best of it. Of course it was far better than nothing, but looking for someone else throughout a two year relationship is hardly the way you'd want it.
I have relocated to my old area, but apart from nicer scenery and no hooligans except visiting ones, life hasn't changed regardless of where I am. I can now walk down to the same local shops and have tea in the selection of places that weren't there when I lived there the first time, but I actually know no one round here (not that I did many before) but they've long since moved on and it's near on impossible to befriend neighbours in the snottiest area in the world.

The TV programme was a success in its showing nine years ago, but seemed to be basically passed over by anyone important, and wasn't considered enough for any agent to take me on. I have something in the bag, but it wasn't the opening I hoped it could be. I get a little work helping out in a local shop as well as my few clients, but that's more or less it as far as income is concerned. My friends are still in Florida, they became pretty settled there and coming back wasn't on the cards. They come back every few years, but the weekly visits are now and only will be a distant memory. I have a few newer friends but no one that close or regular as I had in the past. I still paint from time to time, and just manage to sell a few now and then, though I'll never reach a standard of being worth very much. As for writing, it really seems everything people need to know has been written long ago, and whatever I had to offer was never going to be enough to persuade any organisation to invest in financially.

Sadly, any speculation in my psychic area came to nought as I suspected would be the case. Hidden aliens, free energy and similar areas either didn't exist, or have been so thoroughly covered up, either way they'll never come into the public domain, and apart from clairvoyance, have all but given up looking. Even the media seems to have concurred, having realised there's little new to report in programmes and the once fashionable TV and magazines on all things supernatural are now seen as a bit of a naff joke from the past. It promised everything, but only as a means of escape from the real world, and was only ever going to be a dream. I'm now firmly back in the material world, and am now using my creative side to pass the time, with art and music. Now I have broadband I can still spend hours perusing the same forums I was on years ago, at least I've given a few other people something continuous, as few others spend that long as a forum regular before moving on. I could be compared with the forum equivalent of Bruce Forsyth, Rolf Harris or Michael Caine, who in their 80s are just about the only performers who have always been around in my own lifetime. There must be a few members on the forums where I've been on since they joined 12 years ago! The only difference is the different London suburb in my profile!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I can hardly wait ten years to test which view of the two is closer, I suspect it'll be somewhere in the middle, though I'm sure I'm going to have to compromise on many areas, especially who I accept as a partner and how I earn my money. At my time in life there's little left to wait indefinitely for a division one (think 1980s football) candidate, and I'm now at a stage of being rejected by anyone even in the league, they seemed to have raised their standards in parallel with me dropping mine, so as I settle for less, the 'less' edge themselves out of my range as well, like an impossible puzzle. Technically this can't last for ever, I've managed it in the past and it was sabotaged by other circumstances than rejection. I just had many more tries then than I do now.
As for work, it's partially up to how much I feel I can force myself to suffer. Any media work is really like playing roulette, for every thousand with the ability only a few ever make it, and not having any connections means I can only go it alone which without an Oxbridge/acting school/similar background is almost like trying to become the US president.

If I go back ten years, the actual reality was almost identical to the negative view, in fact from a fairly neutral position in 1995 where I still had a regular job and friends (though only partly qualified), I had enough to keep me busy. I bought my current house nearly ten years ago, and technically far less has changed in ten years than hasn't, implying this is far more likely in 2015. Without an input of change from outside, things will be the same, and the last ten years crept past with me hardly noticing. Therefore maybe the next ten will do the same, I'll be carrying on as normal, and just realise, blimey, it's already 2015 and nothing's happened. Very likely and totally possible.

No comments: