Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Other people

As the crux of life is success in business and pleasure, I had already tied down the true cause to 'other people's decisions' (having established we usually do our best to start with). This means doing our best is buying the lottery ticket in life, and other people make the draw.

In my case, business was really dealt with some time ago (at my age it bloody well should be!) so all I'm concerned about besides the current aggravation is other people's decisions that affect my pleasure. I will add the spiritual dimension is another source of pleasure to me, but one that is an internal path I now have all the tools to follow whatever happens on it. So I just thought I'd spend a couple of hours I had this afternoon to spare going into the details of the recent people who had fucked up my life with their decisions, not to mince words or beat about the bush. This is more of a form of therapy for me than anything to entertain, but I hope as always at least someone will also like reading it. After all, life is the same for all of us and this is just another story about life, a one man big brother really.

So, there is a list of both the friends I already mentioned whose decision to leave the country has put me in a position I wasn't prepared for, and then of course the single women I occasionally meet who (besides a couple I 'road tested' till fed up with) according to my own philosophy, couldn't really have been suitable as they all blew me out.

I have two levels of standard for a partner (comes with the desperation after a certain age) as I mentioned, those in the top division who are more or less all marriage material (more than you'd think) and those in the league, who are last resorts while nothing in division one is available. I don't think these definitions are that far from what most people settle for in practice.

As described, since my 20s there is no 'regular place' to go and meet as there used to be. I spent the next few years solidly using agencies with no success beyond one phone message one where I replied to an ad. I met numerous women in that time though, but mainly older than me and none that seemed to want any more than a friendship with me. But at least I tried. Since then the places I've met them have been totally random, and I could never plan a strategy of where to go now, as it had no pattern to it. Far better is learning a strategy of what to actually do on the times I do meet someone I like so they don't evaporate as soon as I start my existing strategy (which did work in the past so can't be so bad).

The good reason I chose to write this was my little batch of eggs has just broken completely, an egg being any single woman I'm currently after. I know that I either get a woman almost immediately or not at all (don't know why) so if I don't get them after the first meeting or two, it's clearly a non-runner. It just gives me something to do. I'm really laying out their details for myself to see if there's a pattern, and while I do share it with the blog community for that is why they're here.

THE LIST

(amended to avoid identifying anyone)

I have met two women through my UFO community (yes, like Star Wars and train spotting there is a UFO community, made up of researchers and experiencers), but it was my professional interest they wanted, and as soon as the old cock woke up both fled in horror.

Family staff. Both my mother and now my grandma have had foreign cleaners/helpers at some time, and nearly all are both bloody nice looking, single, and frequently well-educated. I have tried two Poles and a possible friendship with a Brazilian, but she was the one who only wanted to convert me to Jesus. It's a pity as I know this is a very rich vein of supply from other friends I know, and I did manage a German au pair years ago, but she was in the 'Macclesfield Town' position, to use my usual football comparisons.

The gym: Apart from the fact no one ever talks while they're there, there is a very nice collection of women, but as I've reported few are single, and the others remain a mystery. The one blind date from there was not a success, as blind dates rarely would be. I still go for the reason I'm meant to, and if by any miracle the right woman turns up I'll be celebrating. If I've still got my teeth by then...

Others: I do occasionally meet people in the same line of work as me, and the last one who became a friend may have also been interesting for more, but she'd met someone long before I could find out. I still go to a couple of parties a year, and reply to ads online if they look really special but there's the lottery, even if I meet someone, they finish the job I started. OK, my theory is if it doesn't happen it wasn't right, but the results over the past few years seem to show more is buggering things up than that. I really don't know.

No comments: