Monday, July 04, 2005

Nobody reunited

I think the title says it all, the now annual school reunion was pretty poorly attended, with only around 100, which included one person I knew and two teachers. I do know at least one was at the Live8 concert instead, as Jonathon Ross was presenting it for BBC and he often turns up with his wife, Jane Goldman, who also went there. I had to name drop there, as I rarely get a chance, not that I ever spoke to him but he did appear dancing in my video one year. He's a tall bugger, almost a foot taller than me, but that doesn't actually take that much.

Well, this one was a mixed affair, as though I barely knew a soul, all the rooms were open and I saw every room I used over 30 years ago, some of which hadn't been opened to old pupils since I was there. Apart from demolishing our prefab classrooms all the other work has been added above the old buildings, so the science and music rooms were identical, and the old workbench was still in the woodwork shop (now called CDT). So it did give me the chance to get back in touch with the only school of seven regular ones (if you include 6th form colleges) I actually liked going to. Whether many people were at Live8 or just bored with hanging around a few people they never spoke to while they were at school is uncertain, but at least the food now is always good and it wasn't raining.

Apart from the energy work, everything is pretty well dead around me, it's the first time since I was 17 I'm earning absolutely nothing (once you deduct my work expenses) and it's going to basically take a miracle to change this. The details are too complex to relate here, but at least I don't believe money is nearly as important as many other things in life, and out of all our assets is the easiest to control, unlike other people. In this case it's other people who are responsible for my financial situation, which is why it's been made as tough as it could possibly be to remedy it, but as I said, it's not a major worry, just one more nail in the coffin of dark clouds around me generally.

I still like reading about miracles, angels and the like for inspiration, but the actual chaos in events could only mean I am able to create my reality (with or without angelic help) but don't know how, or it's just as it seems with no higher aspects at all. The unbelievable coincidences I've experienced point to the first view, but I still don't like the idea we have to suffer to grow, and the more we overcome the more points we score. If I created the system I'd say that people could learn in nice surroundings and enjoy it, rather than have to become immune to stress from suffering more and more. I can go in a complete circle and compare it with all my various schools. The Dickensian regime of my prep/public school put me through 3 years of hell, whereas two subsequent were more like a holiday, and I still did what I needed to there, there was never any need to make it into an ordeal as well.

No comments: