Saturday, July 30, 2005

Getting things done

Sometimes even I find it hard to write here, repetition seems to be such a theme in my life I really don't want to impose it on anyone else unless i can find something new in it. But I like writing regardless so it's just going to be a challenge to see what I can drag from the depths to present to computerland.

I have got a hell of a lot done this week actually, I had the car serviced and it's still OK at nearly 13 (on Monday). I have now cut every part of the garden so for the first time I remember there's not one area left that needs doing. It didn't even take very long this time, particularly as I have all the electric tools working as well rather than doing it by hand which I often have done.

On the female front, I have formulated my mystery on Funtrivia, as I really can't believe how someone without any particular social handicaps should find it impossible to connect with just one woman they like. A number of women have said the same thing, so I know it's not me, but they were all unavailable. One odd thing was a woman I was almost set up with a few years ago who disappeared after she returned from Singapore turned up working where my grandma's staying. I'd never met her before, only seen a photo, and seeing her name badge and suddenly realising who it was was quite a revelation. God knows what she thought of me (though she did say I was different from my picture).

Financially I can see the effects of my lack of income, and I am, for the first time in my life, relying on a miracle to get me out of this one as there's sod all I can do, taking all my circumstances into account. I'll be able to manage for a while, but it won't be for ever, and I've literally never been in this position before since owning a house and having to pay all the bills. But I have enough abilities, it's just a question of finding someone willing to pay me for them. I'm building up a store of articles and paintings for a start, and though all the local shops I've offered to work in (familiar and easy work) have more or less laughed at me for trying, that's probably my best bet in the long run, as it has been before.
I never approved of marrying for money before, but at the moment, though I still don't take it into account when meeting anyone, it would really fix a lot now!

No comments: