Sunday, March 11, 2007

Global madness

Despite enough evidence to convince a panel of scientists, the politicians grind on with the CO2 led lies to tax us to poverty, curb third world development and promote lethal nuclear power. So what other lies can they feed us once enough public have reached the tipping point of disbelief?

Global nagging. The fear kosher wine released into the water supply will turn us all into Jewish mothers.
Global wetting. The theory too much greenhouse gas will make us incontinent. Far more scary than rising sea levels I think.
Global winding. The more we fart the more the earth heats up. Hang on, they have said that already.
Global wandering. Do as they say or you'll all get Alzheimers and then we can tell us whatever we want and you'll believe it.
Global impotence. Turn your lights off or all your dicks will go soft.
Global lying. Sums it all up really.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanity returns, other news I had my second Funtrivia site meeting after over 2 years from the last, a very nice one to one this time after 8 last time. It's really like meeting celebrities as you get to know both well from a distance and rarely meet in person, but feel you already know them well. More so as we actually talk to each other there as well. And someone there actually asked to look at the site so maybe I'll get my second recruit in 7 years. I hope so anyway. I should finish my roll of film tomorrow and get the photos out by next weekend. On a totally different topic I just saw a screen name worthy of use by me had I a) not had one already and b) actually thought of it, Ewar Woowar. That is a Big Brother moment from 2003 when Scott said why are there so many Ds in Edward Woodward, the answer being Ewar Woowar would sound stupid. Cameron pissed himself laughing for about 5 minutes and I was rolling around on the floor as well, possibly since seeing South Park the movie some years earlier.
I tried to see the man himself at a theatre during rehearsals but though he was absent Ann Charleston of Neighbours (Madge) and Crossroads was there and we had a nice chat. When big stars do local theatres they often share the public area and you can sneak in and see them rehearsing, which is far better than sitting through a whole play. I prefer to see them as themselves in person and act on TV. More like an interview I suppose.

Until (ha ha) I become a celebrity meeting them has to be the closest, and Harry Hill, Big Brother housemates and Araya Mengesha (not famous here but pretty big in America) who came to my house to interview me are a start, as well as Patrick Stewart and Sue Johnson (Brookside and the Royle family) rehearsing. I've also been to 3 celebrity houses, Richard Attenborough, Donovan and Stanley Kubrick, though none were around at the time. But I did visit Jim Henson's office as he required his deliveries personally so we had to put them directly in his hand rather than reception, and I saw a room the size of my lounge with people assembled like a medieval supper around it making muppets out of material. It's all done in a tiny shop in Hampstead and this is one of the most productive TV workshops in the world. No idea if it's still there since he died but no reason why not. He was very nice to me as well, unlike some I've had to visit or come across while working. I've worked with many celebrities through delivering, working in a music shop, sports shop and prop hire company but am still scratching on the door of fame myself. The money would be a bonus, and the women.

No comments: