Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ewar Woowar

Why does Edward Woodward have 4 Ds?

Because Ewar Woowar would sound stupid.

That out of the way, I must say besides life as normal and sorting out the medical using the correct procedures I have a clean slate. How would you describe having nothing bad or good? Good, bad or neutral? Search me. I feel OK, albeit a bit disappointed I have to come home to an empty house and rely on technology for company, but the bottom line is how you feel, and when my health is OK now it's such a relief I honestly believe I'll appreciate it for the rest of my life.

So, following the reality of no looking ahead, even if I do now it's a blank diary. No women, the one I emailed (though never done it before) has gone into hiding, she has spent a long time away before but always returned so I assume she will now. I know I've done nothing to put her off (besides a huge mention of marrying her which I think I got away with, as Ross always said in Friends when he overstepped the mark). It's odd they make the PhD the total drip with no social skills or understanding as in reality few people clever enough to get a PhD are inadequate in many areas of life.

Well, after years of waiting I just got interactive TV stage one. The full monty will be phased in over 6 months, and as predicted the current update has jammed the box, third reboot and no change. I don't really care as the computer is far more sensitive and when that goes down I am lost, the TV has never packed up in 11 years so can't see a major upgrade flattening every box completely or they'd be bankrupted. The Ryder cup starts in a couple of days so I'd like it back by then, otherwise I'm not that bothered. It's a rare time I haven't got much more to say, as I don't see this as temporary but long term. There's little new or notable and little chance of it. I'll manage fine if my health's ok and I'm left alone by officialdom. They fixed my car today, sadly partly in the sense of 'fucked up', the poor windscreen washer now has the worst prostate trouble imaginable and is on its way back for an operation as it can't produce more than a dribble. The stupid sods blamed gunge in the system when they clearly either bought a Chinese paper pump or fitted the proper one backwards. Either way it doesn't pump, and any mechanic who's qualified shouldn't return a repair until it works. I won't use big words here but one in particular comes to mind. They've only delayed the return of my car, not stopped it altogether, and then they'll have to wait another week for a new part and I won't have a clean window for 2 weeks.

Anyway, it's clear at the moment, and maybe I'll get back to meditating more often. It's the best thing I have besides my material achievements, and has the potential to be the best.

No comments: