Friday, September 01, 2006

Life review

As it's september the 1st I decided to go over every aspect of my life and see how I've got on.

Successes

I have bought my own house
I have a reasonably good degree
I have as many professional qualifications you can have in counselling and hypnosis
I have sold 2 paintings
I have spoken for a minute on a minor cable channel programme
I have many published articles
I have published a booklet of my own
I have been to 10 countries
I completed probably the best meditation course there is
My cat Lucy
I have met many of my celebrity heroes, often actually speaking to them as well
I have done many paid musical/comedy performances
I have made over 500 calls to the radio

Close but no coconut

I started an MA course but couldn't take the hours. I could have passed but had to keep my job in preference
I have had some cracking girlfriends over the years but never 'finished the job' with any however close we got (not very)
I have only worked full time for periods of less than 3 months, usually through no fault of my own
I have an income, but not long term
I have a very nice house, but can't afford one where I used to live
I have good qualifications but little market for them
I have visited a few radio studios but never been part of the broadcast

Zeroes

I have no children
I live alone
I haven't spoken on terrestrial TV
I have never been paid for writing
I have not had a book published for me
I have no reliable income
I have no girlfriend
The only friend I saw regularly has lived abroad since 2002 (till at least 2009)

-------------------------------------------------

Realising the summer is officially over and all I did was catch chicken pox the time came to assess my major achievements and list of remaining ones I haven't managed. If we all had a go at this it would organise our lives and minds pretty well, as well as discover few people have probably got everything, and if you read the papers those who have are nearly all on drugs.

No comments: