Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jewish Rap



Jewish rap (was rappaport)

Come on everybody,come on everybody, come one everybody and do the spritz!

I'm a good frum boy I'm a heimischer yid, I'm here to tell you I'm the kosher kid.
I may be white and I may be a jew, but I can do rap and I'm here to show you.

Let's rap to the Cohen, rap to the Cohen, rap to the Cohen beat, oy vay!

Don't look at me like I'm a shmo, I'm the man as you'll soon know.
I'm not that rough and I'm not too shabby and if you diss me I'll tell my rabbi!

I'm a shloch oy vay, I'm a shloch oy vay, baruch baruch atah adonai.

I served my time learning rap from the rov, I passed my test and he said 'mazeltov!'
I told my booba and I told my ma, they said 'Go David you will be a star!'

Hava hava hava nagila, hava hava hava nagila!

So I hit the streets and I crashed the scene, I covered every yard of Golders Green,
I rapped in Hendon and I rapped in Mill Hill, I haven't got to Kenton but I certainly will.

Yossi Yossi Yossi Hey! All the people shout 'oy vay!'

I'd like a job where I can stay with a lively crowd to make my day.
I haven't made a profit but I haven't made a loss, the only job I got was a gig at Brent Cross.

Make me an offer, make me an offer I said make me an offer I can't understand oy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was downright hilarious! I've got tears in my eyes. I know where to come when I need a good smile - right here! Thanks. :)

By the way, I didn't know you were Jewish. I guess I hadn't read enough of your blog yet to find that out. In May I started to study the Torah and Kabbalah. I kind of slowed down since then but I have plans to get back into it sometime.

David said...

I don't mention it unless it's relevant, are you as well or just studying for interest?

Anonymous said...

I'm just studying as an interest. It was/is part of my spiritual "seeking".