Friday, May 05, 2006

Contrast, brightness, horizontal hold

OK, just contrast, but who remembers the old TVs with all those silly buttons that allowed you to ruin the picture better than anyone ever can now with the remotes. But what I refer to is my week in contrast with my fellow blogger who is showing the first stages of burnout, which, oddly enough, happened to me at the same age.

The other contrast will be the week was so banal I'll use different colours for each item to try and add at least one angle worth looking at. So, a selection of this week, and sorry if you've already read half of it before, how do you think I feel, I was there!

In no particular order I:

Did three miles on the bike for food and assorted shopping
Cut the front lawn, and saw the new next door neighbour's wife for the first time as she came home and totally ignored me.
Weeded the back terrace as you saw, and had tea there on this year's hot day.
Did some filing for my neighbour.
Went for a walk round the park after voting in the local elections, where at least my council is no longer Labour.
Spent an hour on an internet call with a friend in Canada.
Still haven't heard a dicky bird from my friend in the States after telling me he was going to email on Tuesday.
Heard from two people from an Atlantic cruise I went on in 1974 after searching them down on the internet.

Well wasn't that interesting! Apart from intermittent tiredness on a couple of days everything was fine. I don't want any action. I miss not visiting friends (see note above re America) and having a girlfriend, but that has been the majority of my life and nothing new there.
I used to wonder why my dad sat in the garden for 3 months in the summer, and now I'm beginning to get the point. Granted he just sat there, sometimes asleep, while I have a radio and newspaper, and if I was rich enough to go wi-fi with a laptop I'd just sit in the garden doing this as well. The cat knows. If the temperature hits 70 she moves outdoors except for meals. She'd rather be outside but doesn't like the cold. Just like being on holiday and sitting round the pool all day. Maybe we're better off outside if the weather's good, and only spend most of the year inside as it's England. The park was certainly busier than I'd seen it for ages, and if they set up a little library there I could hang around and meet women there, as many of the dog walkers are pretty interesting looking, and if they added a refreshment cart like they have at Teddington Lock as well we'd have a nice little place for all the local unemployed to meet up and relax.

Maybe I've found my next career...

No comments: