Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Free again

Rain but freedom. Only one client today otherwise a copy of yesterday, including the almost constant rain. A friend turned up first which broke the monotony of yesterday's almost total isolation, then I used the short break between heavy periods, I mean showers, to cycle to the shop to get some essential supplies.
I've been working on the picture in between, and for the first time (as I usually cover it), so the cat managed to walk her wet paws right across the painting. As I was only at a relatively early stage there was no detail to ruin, thank goodness. It's now totally pouring with rain, Lucy is sitting in the porch, and I had to leave the front door open for her as she wanted to go out but won't sit in the rain. The stray tabby who eats all her food (with her permission as well) is sitting in the kitchen as well due to the weather. He may hate humans but likes what we can provide for him...

Despite giving up trying to teach anyone anything unless they ask first, one area I can't avoid going on about as it affects my life is the myth of global warming. I've explained why on my www.kingsbury.tk site, so all I'll add here is a professor in Australia both explained how scientists are paid fortunes by governments to falsify data to pretend it matters, but that temperatures have been independently shown not to have increased for years by East Anglia University. And many places will show that carbon dioxide levels have not always been related to temperature rises, in fact usually the opposite. http://www.diogeneslamp.net/?p=146

The wise professor who refuses to follow his fellow career-minded sheep has said exactly the same things I have, but backed up with his own professional science as well as seeing the way pro-warming reports break down into nothing. Here is an example:

Each such alarmist article is larded with words such as “if”, “might”, “could”, “probably”, “perhaps”, “expected”, “projected” or “modelled” - and many involve such deep dreaming, or ignorance of scientific facts and principles, that they are akin to nonsense.

He goes on to explain the mechanism where scientists are encouraged to look for anything supporting the theory, and then supplies a list of reasons why they are incorrect. If I change one person from believing in the fairyland view of man-made global warming wrecking the planet I will have done a good job as the governments, despite their huge media power, are liars. A few of us can see it, and even if the temperatures did go up a little (which is all they're actually saying might happen, nothing actually has yet remember) the winners would definitely outweigh the losers as change (as in 'what exactly is the world's correct climate?') is all we get. Some benefit, some lose. And being in a civilised country with uncivilised weather (14' or so at the end of May) I welcome it with open arms, except I'd be 175 before any of these supposed disasters would actually become apparent.
With Africans all tearing each other's guts out in Sudan, Rwanda and Zimbabwe (unless they've stopped recently) and famines in many where they aren't at the moment all the money they're ploughing into global warming propoganda and meetings they could probably have fed Africa for the forseeable future. That is the real cost, in what they could be spending the money on for people who are suffering right now. It is a truly tragic con, and one few people are prepared to work against, so it's the one exception in my programme of education as I am taxed and restricted by all this shite. We could have lower water bills in London, but our desalination plant was blocked by the Mayor to 'avoid global warming'. It's my money that's being stolen by these lying bastards so I will work on this crap as long as I can use a typewriter, and maybe one day someone will thank me for it.

1 comment:

Sharon Schoepe said...

That is an interesting article on global warming. I must have missed it the first go round with your site.