Thursday, May 18, 2006

Known

Wednesday has merged into Thursday by 15 minutes, and I've had two pretty active days for a change. Yesterday I picked up the new car over the river in Surrey, took it to Waitrose (only us southern Brits will know that one so tough!) and then went to the gym. Four visits in four days is good, as it's near my Dad and means I can't go as often as I'd like to, but cheaper and easier to park than our local places plus it has plenty of other facilities. I've been going 3 1/2 years now and half my efforts are showing, which makes me wonder where the other half have gone.

Today was a bit of work in the afternoon, grandma, and then picking up car 2 from Surrey after my Dad collected me from home as I drove one car back last night leaving the other outside his house for today. The old one is going to its new home (god willing) tomorrow and had served me very well for 7 1/2 years, never going wrong. It was cleaned and valeted by me before I left and looks pretty good for 13.
Tomorrow is a fourth abduction session to communicate with our alien brothers through my subject who appeared on TV with me. As usual I'll report it here for those that are interested and everyone else!

There is little or no gossip otherwise at the moment. I've been getting on with business a little more than usual, which makes me feel a bit less inadequate for not being able to have a real job (like I could help it). The house is relatively tidy, the rain's stopped me doing anything in the garden (besides the stolen shears) and for a change the kitchen's almost stocked up (thanks to Waitrose).
Making routine life into a report has beaten many writers and bloggers, but I know from reading that once I know someone online and fond them interesting they don't have to do anything unusual to be interesting. Like me, readers can wonder if the relative lack of excitement can last, and will various issues on the system ever happen, especially the long-awaited bad news email that is now gathering such a thick layer of dust it'll soon need a restorer before it can be read. It's only about closure. Like when someone dies and you don't know why. It can't bring them back but most people would rather know why. Gruesome stuff but how human minds are designed and allows us to carry on learning, otherwise we'd never bother to find anything out unless we could use the answer in a practical way. Information for its own sake is a human quality and one all quiz players will be very familiar with.

Just for fun I listed every possible result in a little diagram. It includes 'no answer' (as in not mentioned in email) which is evens favourite. Then the new visas were granted so mustn't be wasted, the business can't be left to be run by anyone else, and it's not worth messing up the kid's education, all equally likely. The actual effect is the same, but having given a date for the post mortem (May 2nd) my curiosity was naturally awoken, and my curiosity is naturally the size of Wales which is what makes me such a geek at times (and proud of it). If the person is reading this I'll no doubt get an extra comment, but I doubt he has time.

For a rare moment all I have to do online are work related (plus a very complicated sports quiz I was sent which is almost work as there are prizes), but no actual surfing left to do. All my emails have been replied to and forums checked, plus I'm in a global challenge quiz which boosts your level more by quantity than anything else, though unless you keep about 85% correct you won't get very far. Having no one to talk to full-time means I would usually want to do that now, and have to think of other things as it's not quite bedtime. Eating used to be the next option and I got a 36" waist as a result. So that's verboten as I had tea and biscuits at 11pm. Just a view of life here alone, when the day's almost over and there's nothing special to do. In the past I'd meditate but I'd fall asleep if I try now so will put that on the system for the next time. I have also started on my second commissioned painting today, I may do that for a while, good idea.

2 comments:

Sharon Schoepe said...

Was this a regular session or something for the new show? You are one of the few that I know who can make an ordinary day seem interesting. Of course it is always interesting to see how someone else fills their day.

David said...

This was the regular session, though the last was filmed. The next should be in June but still waiting there.
Interesting? It's the way I tell 'em (not the actual subject matter!).