Monday, June 26, 2006

Another day, another dildo

As they may say in a dildo factory. But back to business.

There is only space around. MSN have replied and actually given me their number (premium rate) so though I'll be paying them for it whatever the outcome, I have a chance to repair my software. Otherwise it's space. It's good to be free, but boring until anything actually fills that space. My friend has made a mystery out of a molehill by not only failing to inform me of his plans 2 months later, but still not replying to me email on Friday (not that that in itself is unusual). The trouble is by doing so he's created an array of fascinating scenarios that oppose the true answer he can't be bothered. So if the world was the interesting place it was in films, he could have:

Been deported
Lost his visa
Lost his business
Decided to return despite his wife's determination to stay

I think that's all I could think of but that's because my own life can be so boring where there's any mystery at all I'll fantasise everything except the true and mundane outcome.

Tim Cahill was on TV earlier, as Australia lost to Italy in the 93rd minute from a defender falling over. He is the only player I've seen in the world cup who I've got their autograph, as he played for Millwall at Dulwich Hamlet. He's come a long way since then. Of course I've seen plenty of players in a number of countries, including Peter Crouch on 2 occasions, but hadn't managed an autograph. I've stood right next to Ashley Cole once as well as he took a throw in, as well as sitting almost underneath his manager Arsene Wenger who was alone in the director's box looking bored stiff. Underhill being Arsenal's reserve ground is a great source of top players, either at the end, or more often in friendlies, the start of their careers. So a young Joe Cole, Ledley King and Jermain Defoe all played there as second string premier players, as well as a bunch of aging England players including Mark Hateley and Ray Wilkins for QPR. I used to go to really big games, but in the days you could get in and stand up without waiting all day for the privilege.

All I have now is my system. This is the list of possibilities ahead that may or may not happen. I await a date for the TV programme to be shown as it's been pencilled in within a few months to coincide with something else. I'll be ordering my next set of digital prints, finishing my picture and then any housework that's been waiting next as so far the week's free. The last two have earned one off, and I shouldn't feel guilty for any spare time I have as the lot's been out of my control for years ever since I lost my job. That's just been installed in me somehow (grandparents?) that if I don't work first I don't deserve anything else. Bollocks to that, but my heart still believes it even though it's only true for most people who'd rather not, and would rather do what I'm doing.

So, looking at the big picture I have so much dead time on my hands that I have to do something with it, and blogging is like alcohol, easy and available, but without the health problems. Like any other day in life, each entry can be fascinating or painful to read, as unlike regular articles nothing is left out, as it would leave out the boring parts of life which are the majority. So there's a potentially free week ahead. There are the regular things, the difficult things and the unlikely things that could happen. That means I should:

Finish my picture
Order my prints
Do my filing
Do some gardening
Write more essays for my course

So that also means I won't

Meet a new/old girlfriend
Get any more email replies
Have any good news for first time since my last exam results

I have also been told by a previous builder he can now finish all the annoying little jobs on my house. This will be a surprise if it happens this year. It is good to have the money to pay them, but you can't just take anyone. They can't all work with electricity and much of my work is last resort stuff few want to touch. I'm clearly not the only one who doesn't want to do anything too demanding...

No comments: