Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trivia rules

Just to update yesterday, these were my plans for the free time today:

Finish my picture /
Order my prints
Do my filing
Do some gardening
Write more essays for my course

But I forgot transferring videos to DVD and photos to CD. The DVDing was a success except it turns out DVD players only show mpeg, so if grandma and anyone else with a player wants to see them it's a long conversion process if I can be bothered. The CDs will follow when time allows. But the other list of 'Won't happens' was finally operative, as my friend emailed just to say he's had problems and hasn't got time yet to explain. So something's buggered up his plans and I literally have no idea what it could be, if it was the visa unless there's an appeal he'd be on his way back about now, so as I said, a total mystery.

The lengths people alone go to to create interest in life as there's nothing else to focus on mustbe pretty universal. If there was someone here to talk to I wouldn't care about half the crap I do, like how many miles I've done on my bike, or whether I'll see some nice pictures of houses in the ad papers to cut out for my album. That's all there is. After the computer the next most exciting thing appears to be the less demanding housework. What else is there? Of course the major stuff will always be major whatever the circumstances, but it doesn't happen very often and rarely changes my life after the events. But a heap of stuff has finally just about shifted, and now I await the acorns of TV to grow into great oaks later in the year. Sex is really the priority though as everyone knows by now, and frankly I feel sorry for anyone where it isn't. I would be lost without my sex drive and very glad I'm not a male cat as we all knows what happens to most of them...

My horoscope just said to tell the people close to you exactly what you want. Well maybe I will sooner or later but I'll prepare here where no one's looking:

Of course I already described how dead things have been since my friends emigrated, and somehow the dead issue is still being presented as a mystery even though I believe the dog is already sleeping. The next is to say the woman who doesn't know her identity would be a perfect partner for me and I couldn't imagine wanting anyone else if she was interested. Any women reading this will just have to ask themselves who I may be referring to, or ask if really curious.
As it goes I proposed (on the phone) to my French friend who only wants to borrow men than keep them many times and she is the second woman to use the 'sees me like a brother' line. Well I'd go for the incest route then but that's just me... Who else? I'd tell my divorced friend just because he's too busy to see me I haven't and won't forget about him. Who would ever have imagined my only divorced friend being less available since than when married. Proves you can never work out the future. And the same goes for the one who isn't divorced but I'm sure he knows after nearly 30 years. There isn't really anyone else outside the family I can think of, but I think besides the informal proposal the others should know me well enough to know all that already, as their actions as well as mine convey enough without usually needing words (well, in this country anyway). Very British, but this page is possibly the start of the end of that awful habit for me at least.

No comments: