Thursday, June 29, 2006

A normal day

I barely need to say what happened today as I have a pictorial record of most of it here already. After heavy piles of work I got a day off and used the camera far more than I expected when I first bought it, especially with the video function and posting them here as well. I was expecting to go to Budgens (open every day of the year all night as well) on the way home from grandma's, no biscuits, cakes and many other things and after so many years it's gone. Nowhere else, the place down the road was closing as I got there and that was it.

A bit more free time tomorrow, not a clue what I'll do besides a few phone calls I've been trying all week with no success. Again the TV is so dire now I've left that room for the rest of the day and resigned myself to a solitary night in front of the computer, probably get all my new pictures on cd if it works this time.

So eventually things shift after many weeks, though besides the TV none actually in my favour. No articles have been used, one refused point blank, and two put on ice and no idea if will be used now. My friend has explained the theory behind his absence but no actual details. I'm lost on that one. The painting's now been corrected, and besides that all I'm waiting on is whether they'll be filming a second scene next week, which suits me either way especially as it doesn't actually pay anything... Now I've found my first programme was also on in India at the same time, and a few people I know there could have seen it, and it was also on again here a few weeks ago had I known as only 4 people I know actually saw it the first time. It's wonderful the schedule of this one is six times quicker than the first, and unlike Discovery Science will be advertised, and watched by about 10 times as many people on Sky 1. Still 10 times less than terrestrial but like most football teams I started in the Sunday league and am now in the Conference, hoping to eventually be promoted into the league. And it's a darn sight easier in TV than football so I do have hopes.

Finally I am being encouraged to take any woman available to get me out of my situation. The trouble is most women are either unattractive, boring or both, as most men probably are to women. Some of the frights I've had as tenants, either looks personality or both would have sent me to an early grave if I'd been stuck with them, let alone many of the ones I gave a fair run out before their mediocrity sent them on their ways. I've increased the percentage of acceptables by about 5 times since 40 though, as I expected, and it just meant the women raised their standards accordingly. No more coded messages here as the couple of women I do speak to will be getting a direct message verbally as soon as I see them. Kill or cure, but eliminated from enquiries either way. There may even be a reserve or two but I won't get busy there unless forced to.

Tomorrow I've got another little photo trip to do later on otherwise I have no idea. The day I go to my mum's where the optician also is is early closing so can't get that particular one sorted out, I see an approaching need for bifocals but generally my self testing has been tougher than theirs and I'm sure I won't need a change this time regardless how long I have to wait for it. What an exciting time I have sometimes. I sound like a bloody 85 year old and there's sod all I can do about it.

No comments: