Friday, June 09, 2006

Bunch of arse

What a bummer. I waited all fucking day and the crew from Sky coming to film me were held up in Britain's possibly worst traffic hold up 50 miles away. It wasn't even on the TV news, only the radio traffic reports, but this jam went from a road closure on the M25 in Reigate up the M1 almost as far as Leicester. That's 100 miles and the road was closed for 8 hours. Good timing. They'll be back though and maybe the fact I'll have done another alien abductee regression in between will give me a lot more to talk about.

So I hung around all day while they phoned every so often telling me they were later and later until they gave up altogether as they had a 100 mile journey they'd barely started over 3 hours. I couldn't start anything, do anything or go anywhere as they may have turned up any minute until they didn't and most of the day was gone. I was just pleased it was my second filming as had that happened on my debut I'd probably have had a heart attack with the disappointment.

So there's sod all happening right now, England have their first game in the World Cup at 2 tomorrow which I'm sure will be really exciting against Paraguay (yawn) and that's it. But there is a request I have for everyone here. The 20/20 optical store advertise on LBC 'Eye examinations while you wait'. Now if you google them (the URLs here are far too hard for me to make a link) and send them an enquiry along the lines 'Please can you tell me what other sorts are available?' they may realise they are probably the stupidest fuckers who ever had an ad on the radio. I've been a listener to commercial radio since it began and I'd never heard a blooper like that, especially every day- you'd think someone would have had a quiet qord but it's been on for over a month now.

I've had the busiest week for ages, very glad to have both managed it and got it out of the way, but my reward is postponed. Shows you can only take what you have and never expect anything ahead as it's not reliable. On the unreliable front I've realised as long as my friend doesn't tell me his plans to stay in America it'll be in the air and once he tells me I'll be totally certain in my disappointment. So never email me and tell me, I'll just wait 8 or 10 years and hear when you're coming back out of the blue. Better than knowing and having to forget the whole idea of seeing you again, as near as damnit.

No comments: