Thursday, June 15, 2006

Avoidance

I am currently being avoided by 4 sets of people. To me there is only a reason I can think of for one, the other three are a total mystery.

These are: The TV producer delayed from last Friday
The friend who said he'd email weeks ago
Someone who had something to tell me and suddenly disappeared
MSN who are supposed to be helping me with a Windows problem but clearly isn't as important to them as they claim.

Now it's a mystery to me as the only reason I've ever dropped an issue I was in the middle of is because I forgot it. I can forget certain things and unless reminded it's gone. But none of these are. In order one is a possible lack of enthusiasm and they have other people who can replace me, two is sadly lack of concern. Three is probably embarrassment of some sort (women's emotional sort), and four they just couldn't give a shit.
This I cannot understand. Of the four I will give my prognosis:

One, 50/50 a delay as they are busy
Two, will pretend nothing's happened
Three, probably gone for good
Four, waste of time, will never reply.

Of the four all but MSN promised they'd get back to me, the other offered a service and never delivered it when I applied. I could never do anything like that. That is how I was brought up and the time it takes to write an email is minutes, just to say 'There's a delay' or whatever. But to just vanish without a word is bloody rude.
Have I done anything to bring it on me, you wonder? Besides whinging on the blog, which half of them can't even know about, no. And I may whinge but I'm always fair. I haven't (yet) just come out and said someone's a total bastard, and in fact so far I don't think anyone has been. A few psychos for sure, but I don't believe they were fully in control of what they were doing. I think it is fair to call MSN total fucking cocksucking wankers if they don't reply as they're a multimillion pound organisation who have no reason at all not to look after their customers and deserve every insult they'd get, assuming they never help me.

The others are just human, in that they have better things to do than think about me. Not everyone realises it matters to keep people informed, they assume no contact means no news and carry on doing what they're doing. I'm not blaming them as they owe me nothing besides MSN who are responsible for all their customers. But how four unrelated people can all drop me in a week is yet another phase where the same thing just happens all in a bunch.

Technically it's only the TV producer that matters as it's an audience who may end up recognising me in the street. The show I recorded on Monday may be big in Canada (I have no idea) but is on every day here and I don't think many people would have heard of it. It will still put me on the level of TV personality doubtless, but not like the wider audience on Sky 1 I only missed as the British motorway system, was closed for the day. The second issue is already, as they say in cricket, a dead ball. The news I was going to receive was a post mortem, the issue is dead and like a loved relative, getting the results of the autopsy don't bring them back and if revolting may be worse than not actually knowing the details. The third is a typical internet friend up and down. The initial enthusiasm is suddenly used up and doubts creep in, often killing it in its early stages and something that has happened to everyone sooner or later I used to know long long ago.

But my psychic intuition is pretty hard to beat. When it felt wrong it was the same as when a girlfriend goes off me. I just know it's over, not while I'm with them but just feel it when they make the decision. It was identical with Sky1, I just felt after Friday they felt I was cursed and went off the idea. There was clearly a schedule but they must have chosen someone else instead of me as I only did it with two day's notice. So that is it. I've completed a few weeks of more work than I've seen for ages (mainly unpaid but my body and mind feel the same if I'm being paid or not), am worn out and relatively free at last. Except for the disaster on Friday which hasn't been remedied (I'll contact him next week and find out one way or the other) every task is done. I may even get round to having my eyes tested now as all the urgent stuff is out of the way. I've been every two years on the dot, and now every year as I have glaucoma in the family. This is the first I've missed as my optician of 15 years or more closed down and I'm fussy where I go instead (mainly parking issues actually, as nearly all are equally able). My other place used to have a car park, are miles away but very good. They moved to a main shopping street with no parking except the usual multi story and lost my business forever. If I'm going to shlep to High Barnet the only ways I was going to go in the multi story was to use the mall it serves, but not since the model car shop closed down.
But I test my own eyesight and can tell if I need new lenses and I'm sure I don't.

Today was a typical recent mix of work and other things, I took some nice photos and had a friend over, and watched England beat Trinidad and Tobago in the last 7 minutes to go through to the quarter finals. Each day that goes by without hearing from the people on the list is another nail in their coffins of hope. MSN will be receiving the daily email treatment from next week as they probably don't read them anyway and if I send one every day for a year one may get read and replied to. It's not as if I'm paying for the stamp. Stingy bastards they are.

No comments: