Friday, July 14, 2006

Illness update

Chronic fatigue? That was merely a smokescreen for a real germ this time. After the being knackered since Monday I came out in a lovely crop of spots today. I appear to have chicken pox. All my life exposed to kids with it and nothing, and at 46 it pops up out of the blue. Actually I'd rather have a damn good reason for feeling like this than just chronic fatigue and a virus is certainly a valid one. So Newport can now relax and know this time it was the real McCoy.

I know it wasn't VD as I haven't dipped the wick for half a lifetime...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

truly sorry to hear it, David.
it's called shingles when it hits adults, no?

fucken hell.

any idea who you caught it from?

have you been to a doctor?

how long is it supposed to last?

it's horrific to look at.

very very sorry for you, bud.

just more proof that this particular mortal existence is truly Hell, not hellish, but THE Hell. And the sooner we leave it the better. This "life" is worth losing.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

AL

Anonymous said...

truly sorry to hear it, David.
it's called shingles when it hits adults, no?

fucken hell.

any idea who you caught it from?

have you been to a doctor?

how long is it supposed to last?

it's horrific to look at.

very very sorry for you, bud.

just more proof that this particular mortal existence is truly Hell, not hellish, but THE Hell. And the sooner we leave it the better. This "life" is worth losing.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

AL

David said...

No, shingles is when you've had it and years later it resurfaces in a new form (as the virus never dies).
I've seen the pharmacist and he said it was a mild case (the spots are only in double figures) and NHS direct described my symptoms before I did. Could be worse for sure.
Most people think it was the kids at my community centre who use the next room to the gym, but we'll never know for sure.